To provide outdoor recreational access for everyone, regardless of limitations.
To promote Douglas County as a universally accessible outdoor recreation destination region that honors, supports and provides recreational activities for those with mobility limitations.
Veterans – OAR is dedicated to helping our Veterans live full and productive lives. Providing access to the great outdoors for Veterans with disabilities is one of our guiding principles.
Opportunities – Recognize that everyone deserves access to the unique outdoor opportunities available in Douglas County.
Supportive team – We promote a safe and productive culture that honors group consensus.
Open communication – We foster an unbiased approach in every professional and personal interaction.
Honesty – We demonstrate the highest level of ethics in all of our actions.
Action – We believe all Board Members should be involved in the setting and achievement of goals and priorities.
Inclusive – We value differences in people, positions and perspectives.
- To work with local community interests, user groups, and government agencies to identify, coordinate and manage projects that provide recreational access for people with mobility limitations. Safety and ease of access are our guiding principles.
- Develop site plans and engineered drawings specific to each project.
- Identify potential grants and other funding sources. Manage grant applications, or provide assistance to grant applicants.
- Create a website that provides current recreational opportunities that currently meet universally accessible requirements. “50 Within 50” will identify 50 opportunities within 50 miles of Roseburg.
- Collaborate with similar groups that share our goals.
- Continue to develop a strong and diverse Board.
- Maintain the highest professional ethics and standards.